Sunday, October 23, 2011

Confirmation Retreat

Elizabeth and I left after school on Friday for a little road trip to Sky Ranch in Van, TX for her Confirmation Retreat with our church. There were 54 6th graders and their parents. We stayed in cabins where we didn't get much sleep! It was so nice to get away and the weather was perfect.
We made new friends thru planned activities and worship. Above picture of Elizabeth helping to get her team across the river without the sharks getting their handkerchiefs.

Saturday afternoon we enjoyed lots of outdoor activities. Above picture of Elizabeth ready for the zip line. Elizabeth really wanted me to do this with her so I put on my big girl pants and closed my eyes! This is the only picture I got because my hands were glued to the rope and I was shaking when we finished.

Elizabeth's favorite activity at Sky Ranch was this ropes course. She was not able to convince me to do this one! I did enjoy playing miniature golf and watching her on the Superslide and canoeing.

Our youth band also joined us on the retreat and did a great job putting big smiles on their faces. I am so glad to have gotten the opportunity to share this special time with Elizabeth. She is a great kid and will do wonderful things for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment